We want to create a world class addition to the City skyline and streetscape with a diverse and dynamic offer which responds to both the challenges of COVID and the City of London Corporation’s own emerging strategies and policies.
The COVID pandemic and subsequent lockdown has shone a spotlight key areas such as public realm, transport and servicing innovation, air quality and wind for example. Our proposals for The Forum will seek to embrace these elements and deliver a design which reflects the Corporation’s vision for a healthier, more sustainable and truly 24/7 City.
Throughout the planning process to date we have been working closely with the City and our stakeholders to ensure that our vision for The Forum will deliver:
- Connection with Leadenhall Market to enhance the historic Market.
- An open and inclusive ground floor acting as a southern extension and anchor to the Market with market halls and a new route through the site.
- Increased permeability through the site to the North, South, East and West to reduce the pressure on existing pedestrian routes.
- Integrated world class public realm with safer and wider streets to improve the pedestrian experience on Gracechurch Street and surrounding streets.
- Embrace the 24/7 vision of The City of London Corporation by creating a new destination in the City.
- Next generation work space that responds to the changing needs of the modern commercial occupier and employee in a post COVID world.
- A development that embraces sustainability and urban greening.
- A future proof and efficient logistics strategy that embraces change and seeks to minimise the impact of servicing on the environment and the local transport network.